I. USE OF OUR SERVICE
- Who can use Juan Republic: Because we respect the rights of children and parents, you may use the Juan Republic Service only if you can form a binding contract with Juan Republic, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Service by ANYONE UNDER 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. Because we respect the Juan Republic community, the Service may not be available to any Users previously removed from the Service by Juan Republic.
- Your responsibility for your account: You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You must notify Juan Republic immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Juan Republic will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information.
- Changes to the Service: Juan Republic is constantly innovating and finding ways to provide our Users with new features and services. Therefore, we may, without prior notice, change the Service; add features, stop providing the Service or features of the Service, to you or to users generally; or create usage limits for the Service. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if, in our sole determination, you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason. Upon termination of your use of the Service, you continue to be bound by this Agreement.
- We are an Internet Service Provider: We are not responsible for and do not necessarily hold the opinions expressed by our content contributors. Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third parties are theirs alone, not opinions of Juan Republic. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute content through our Site, Juan Republic is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to the content. Juan Republic and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and stockholder do not undertake or assume any duty to monitor our site for inappropriate or unlawful content. Juan Republic and its affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and stockholders assume no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Juan Republic reserves the right to block or remove communications, postings or materials at any time in our sole discretion.
- How you interact with others on Juan Republic: Juan Republic takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts or sends over the Service. Juan Republic assumes no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that Juan Republic shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of User Content. Juan Republic reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
- You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Service (which includes other’s User Content) in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping” (other than as expressly permitted by the functionality of the Service);
- using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the Juan Republic servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser (except that Juan Republic grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Service for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials);
- transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email;
- attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service;
- taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service;
- collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service (other than as expressly permitted by the functionality of the service);
- using the Service for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
- interfering with the proper working of the Service;
- bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein;
- posting nude, partially nude, or any sexually suggestive photos;
- downloading any file posted by another User that a User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through the Service.
- use the Service for any illegal activity whatsoever; or
- modify, adapt or hack our Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service.
II. USER CONTENT
- User content: Juan Republic may now or in the future allow you to post or publish content on or upload content to the Service, including comments, photos, videos, and other materials. Any content a User submits, posts, displays, or otherwise makes available on the Service, including all Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) therein, is referred to as “User Content.” You retain ownership of your User Content.
- How Juan Republic and other Users can use your content: You own all of the User Content you post or publish (“post”) on the Service. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, modify, reproduce, display and distribute your User Content on the Service for the purposes of operating and providing the Service to you and other Users (“User Content License”). Subject to your profile and application settings, you also hereby grant to Juan Republic and to each User of the Service, a non-exclusive license to access, use, reproduce, distribute and display your User Content as permitted by the functionality of the Service. You understand and agree that the Service is a public platform and other Users may search for, see, use, and/or re-post any User Content that you make publicly available through the Service.
- Definition of Intellectual Property Rights: For the purposes of this Agreement, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefore and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
- You agree not to post User Content that:
- may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal;
- may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
- contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable;
- contain software or other material that violates or invades the intellectual property rights (or rights of privacy or publicity) of any third party;
- includes any content to which you have not obtained any necessary rights or permissions to use accordingly;
- contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets);
- contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current.
- Valuing other’s rights: You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate any law or infringe any rights of any third party, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights, publicity rights or rights of privacy. If you think any User Content infringes your rights, or if you want to challenge User Content that has been taken down from the site, please refer to Juan Republic’s Copyright policy. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that we believe, in our sole discretion, violates the Agreement.
III. JUAN REPUBLIC CONTENT
- Juan Republic Content: Except for User Content, all materials on the Service and the Service itself and all Intellectual Property Rights contained therein or related thereto, are the property of Juan Republic and/or its licensors (together “Juan Republic Content”). Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, you may not sell, license, modify, copy, or otherwise exploit the Juan Republic Content without our permission.
- Our license to you: Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Juan Republic provides you with a non-exclusive, revocable license to use the Service for your personal, noncommercial use only and as expressly permitted by the features of the Service. Juan Republic may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Feedback you provide: We are always looking for new ways to improve our Service. You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments, ideas or feedback about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Feedback”). By submitting any Feedback, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Juan Republic under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Feedback without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Feedback on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Juan Republic does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to Juan Republic, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
IV. PRIVACY AND SECURITY
V. THIRD-PARTY LINKS, SITES AND SERVICES
The Service may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by Juan Republic. Juan Republic does not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access a third party website from the Service, you do so at your own risk and You expressly release Juan Republic from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website, service, or content.
VI. MOBILE APPLICATIONS
We may make available software to access the Service via a mobile device (“Mobile Apps”). To use the Mobile Applications, you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Mobile Service. Juan Republic does not warrant that the Mobile Apps will be compatible with your mobile device. Juan Republic hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use a compiled code copy of the Mobile Apps for one Juan Republic account on one mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for your personal use. You may not: (i) modify, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer the Mobile Apps, except to the extent that such restriction is expressly prohibited by law; (ii) rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Mobile Apps to any third party or use the Mobile Apps to provide time sharing or similar services for any third party; (iii) make any copies of the Mobile Apps; (iv) remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Mobile Apps, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Mobile Apps, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Mobile Apps; or (v) delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on the Mobile Apps. You acknowledge that Juan Republic may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Mobile Apps, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the Mobile Apps that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to all such upgrades. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in the Mobile Apps is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code. The foregoing license grant is not a sale of the Mobile Apps or any copy thereof, and Juan Republic or its third party partners or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the Mobile Apps (and any copy thereof). Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, is void. Juan Republic reserves all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement.
The following applies to any Mobile Apps you acquire from the iTunes Store (“iTunes-Sourced Apps”): You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is solely between you and Juan Republic, not Apple, and that Apple has no responsibility for the iTunes-Sourced Apps or content thereof. Your use of the iTunes-Sourced Apps must comply with the App Store Terms of Service. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the iTunes-Sourced Apps. In the event of any failure of the iTunes-Sourced Apps to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the iTunes-Sourced Apps to you; to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the iTunes-Sourced Apps, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be solely governed by this Agreement and any law applicable to Juan Republic as provider of the software. You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the iTunes-Sourced Apps or your possession and/or use of the iTunes-Sourced Apps, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the iTunes-Sourced Apps fail to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and all such claims are governed solely by this Agreement and any law applicable to Juan Republic as provider of the software. You acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the iTunes-Sourced Apps or your possession and use of that iTunes-Sourced Apps infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Juan Republic, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by this Agreement. You and Juan Republic acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement as relates to your license of the iTunes-Sourced Apps, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement as relates to your license of the iTunes-Sourced Apps against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Juan Republic and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted by you; (ii) your violation of any term of this Agreement; (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy or Intellectual Property Rights; (iv) your violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; (v) any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any that is submitted via your account; or (vi) any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
VIII. NO WARRANTY
The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the service is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Juan Republic, its subsidiaries, and its licensors do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the service will meet your requirements; that the service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the service is free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is downloaded at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or your use of the service.
Juan Republic does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Juan Republic service or any hyperlinked website or service, and Juan Republic will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
IX. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Juan Republic, its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, suppliers or licensors be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, that result from the use of, or inability to use, this service. Under no circumstances will Juan Republic be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the service or your account or the information contained therein.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Juan Republic assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of our service; (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein; (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the service; (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through our service by any third party; (vi) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the service; and/or (vii) user content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party. In no event shall Juan Republic, its affiliates, agents, directors, employees, suppliers, or licensors be liable to you for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding one dollar.
This limitation of liability section applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if Juan Republic has been advised of the possibility of such damage. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This agreement gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under this agreement will not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Contact: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this Agreement.